Affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize a website or blog. You are unaware of this fact that Google is used to make billions of dollars every year only by advertising.
If you will use AdSense then you can also get a slice of that profit. It’s free to sign up for AdSense and this is the best alternative or complimentary monetization strategy to affiliate marketing.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a program which is running from 2003 by Google. It allows publishers and business owner in the Google Network to serve automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements.
These all things are targeted to site content and audience. All these advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google so that Google can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
Operations of Google AdSense:-
This is very simple to operate while it is designed for the website owners who want to display targeted text, video or image advertisements on their website pages. They can earn money when a customer will visit the site and click the ads.
- AdWords is designed for a business person while Google AdSense is a program designed for bloggers & site owners.
- A publisher has to apply Google for AdSense approval and after the approval, Google will allow him to show ads on his website.
- Now, whenever visitors come to the website in search of good content, Visitors click on AdSense Ad and then Google pays money for every Click to the publisher.
- The advertiser pays money to the Google and from that money Google pays to the publishers. Advertisers used to pay Google for each click.
- Of the total amount that advertiser pays to Google, they used to pays 68% to the publishers and rest 32% Google takes away as commission.
- Hence, this is clearly seen that how the Adwords and AdSense program are interlinked with each other.
Various ways of showing AdSense ads on a website:-
- Content: –This is nothing but the contextual advertisement on your website.
- Feeds: – For the AdSense of the feeds, you have to show Ads on feeds.
- Search: -This type of AdSense works when the Ads will come on search.
- Domain:-You have to place advertisements on domain names.
- Video: – While in the AdSense of the video you can see Ads on YouTube Videos.
Parts of Google AdSense:-
Cost Per Click: – This means that the amount which publishers get when visitors clicks on the Ads which could be 10% or more.
Click Through Rate: – This shows that how many visitors click on those ads. If hundred people came to your site and only one of them clicks on that Ad then CTR will be 1% while if 2 of them will click then CTR will be 3% and so on.
Views: It informs you about the total number of impression blogger receives for his blog.
Visitors: It means that how many people actually came to your blog.
Few criteria needed for applying for an AdSense account are
- A user must have a website and the user should be above 18 years old and if not then you can add your parent’s information.
- Not every publisher gets approval for the AdSense program because of the tough rules of Google. Earlier it was very easy to take an approval for the AdSense program but now this is quite difficult. You should read their complete term and conditions.
- Advertiser depends on the Adwords program but not on the AdSense directly. And they don’t have any eligibility for advertisers to use Adwords programs. The only thing Google needs is money which advertisers have to bid for keywords on daily basis.
- Now Google would show ads on the top and it completely depends upon the amount of money that you have to pay to Google. If you pay more amount then your ad will be at the top.
- The final conclusion is no eligibility except money that you have to pay to Google.
What publishers and advertisers actually do??….
The publisher has to create content which is unique and simple to understand. They need to write content which is easy to understand and fulfill the requirements of the visitors.
This is very important to create a great content so that they will be rewarded by Google in return. While Google AdSense is all because of the advertisers so they are must for the Google.
Who are the users of Google AdSense??….
- If we talk about the Publishers then most of them are young bloggers whose age is between 16 years old to 34 years old. Blogging is their passion so they are loving to do this.
- The publisher or publishers which are mostly from the urban parts of a particular country. Still, it is very difficult to find a publisher in a rural part of a country. Basically, you can find them in some of the best cities.
- Income of the publisher depends upon the content. If a normal publisher earns $200 to $300 then a good publisher could earn $800 to $1000 per month. While the best publishers can earn $10,000 to $50,000 per month.
- The publisher is mainly individuals who create content on their own and publish them according to their needs.
- However, some publishers don’t write a blog by own they have a team of writers. They used to produce content on regular basis. These type of publishers are used to employ hundreds of content writers and editors. So that they can make a great profit form the blogs.